Edna Poodle with West Yorkshire Dog Rescue
- Type: Miniature Poodle
- Gender: Female
- Age: 3 years
PLEASE NOTE: Edna will only be rehomed within a 50-mile radius from West Yorkshire
Hello there, my name is Edna Poodle. I’ve just moved to West Yorkshire Dog Rescue to get some bravery training and look for a new family… could you help me? I came to West Yorkshire Dog Rescue WITH MY SCARED SISTER ELSIE. We are ex breeding girls from a breeding station and had a very sheltered life so everything frightens us. We both need homes but Edna is more advanced than Elsie.
I am Edna and I am slightly less nervous than my sister. I’m 3 years old and I have been a mum my whole life… now I am ready to start a new life.
I’ve only been with my Foster Mum for 2 weeks but I have been working really hard and showing off my best moves. I am friendly, playful and I love a fuss with a calm quiet human, although I’m not quite ready for big cuddles and lots of people yet. I also love food... in fact, I will do almost anything for a treat. Did you know there are laps to sit on?? I have just discovered this and I like it. And I like fussing… did I mention that?
I’ve been practicing my pooping outside, and my foster mum says I am almost perfect… only a few little accidents… I have also been practicing with a harness and lead. I don’t like it much, but I’m getting better every day..
I’m not perfect, and I have a lot to learn about the world and all the scary things out there, but do you think you could love me?
- Edna is not suitable to rehome with children under 12. Preferably an adult only home.
- She will require a very secure garden to play in, away from busy roads as she is uncertain with traffic.
- She is still learning to walk on a lead and with a harness, so will need to continue her training to do this.
- Edna has shown that she will respond to her name and is eager to please, so it is hoped that she will respond to her training quickly; however she can still be startled by things.
- Edna will require patience and dedication to her training and diet as she is a little heavy.
- She will need a human who is home most of the time
- She is very good with other dogs, but is uncertain around cats.
We are looking for a home that meets the following criteria
- COUNTRYSIDE LOCATION where this dog can get a lot of walking away from roads and the noise of heavy traffic
- No young children - please don't apply as this dog has no experience of children
- Someone around most of the time who can give a lot of love and attention
- Patient owners, someone with the ability to cope who has the time and patience for this dog
- A lot of exercise as this reduces her stress levels
- Another neutered dog for company
- A securely fenced garden
- Lifestyle & Financial Security
Neutered, vaccinated, treated for fleas and worms, microchipped. Edna will only be rehomed a 50-mile radius from West Yorkshire
If you can offer the right home please click this link to apply https://www.westyorkshiredogrescue.co.uk/potential-owner/
Kathy Trout, West Yorkshire Dog Rescue
Be Kind and Donate, go to our website
Registered Charity Number 1132348