Adoption Enquiry Form
Apply to Adopt
If you suffer from allergies, we ask that you read the information supplied on our Allergies Page prior to contacting us.
All our dogs are fostered in family homes all over the UK
Please note: We do not rehome outside of the UK.
Doodle Trust is run entirely by unpaid volunteers in their spare time so please bear with us if we don't respond immediately.
Please read before proceeding.
- Doodles are an intelligent but challenging type of dog. They vary greatly in size and coat type and it is a common misconception that they do not shed their fur. Many of them DO moult and they are NOT an ideal breed for allergy sufferers.
- Doodles are lively, enthusiastic and sometimes boisterous dogs that require a lot of time and attention. If you are out at work for much of the time or lead a busy life, a Doodle is NOT the right breed for you. These are people dogs and they demand human companionship, they thrive as a much-loved family member. If left to their own devices for long periods, they will find their own amusement and could become destructive.
- Most Doodles love water and can be mud magnets, bringing in an enormous amount of dirt into your home. They are certainly not a breed for the house proud. Some coat types require grooming on a daily basis in order to keep them matt free, whilst Doodles with a shorter coat will require less brushing.
- Many Doodles also need professional grooming on a regular basis in order to keep the coat manageable and this can be expensive. You should, therefore, consider grooming costs on top of food, insurance, toys, vaccinations, worming, etc. It all mounts up!
- Doodles are not necessarily compatible with small children and in any case, it is unwise to leave any dog with small children. When considering a rescue Doodle, please also give some thought as to how this may affect any other pets you might own. Some cats, for example, may not take kindly to a big bouncy dog, and if you already own another dog, how will the new addition impact on them? Most Doodles coming into rescue are large boys so there may be a considerable waiting period before we can match you with the right dog. Waiting times are further increased if you specify a certain colour and coat type and our dogs will always be matched to families by their suitability rather than looks.
You must be prepared to have a home check. Please be aware that our volunteer homecheckers may well bring their Doodles with them when they visit you. You will only be homechecked once we have matched a dog to you.
The dogs in our care are matched to the best home possible for each individual dog following a suitable period of assessment.
Only apply for a dog if you are in a position to take it as soon as your homecheck has been done. We cannot hold dogs for you. Please do not apply for a dog that you cannot go and collect.
All dogs are neutered, microchipped and vaccinated prior to being rehomed.
The adoption fee, payable when you collect your dog, is determined by Doodle Trust and will contribute to the medical and other expenses incurred on behalf of all the dogs in our care.
The fee will be set to reflect the age and condition of the dog (the maximum fee is currently set at £350).
Please note: The adoption fee is non-refundable if you return the dog through no fault of its own.
We will always be here to advise on any problems that may occur with your new dog. You MUST agree to return the dog to us if you are unable to keep him or her for any reason throughout their life.
If you want to adopt a dog from us, please look at the list of dogs for adoption and complete our enquiry form for the relevant dog. Applications will remain open for 7 days. We will then review all applications and contact you if you have been selected as a possible home for the dog you have applied for.